The fear of criticism robs man of his initiative, destroys his power of imagination, limits his individuality, takes away his self-reliance, and does him damage in a hundred other ways.
Criticism will plant FEAR in the human heart, or resentment, but it will not build love or affection
SYMPTOMS OF THE FEAR OF CRITICISM:
- SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS: expressed through nervousness, timidity in conversation and in meeting strangers, awkward movement of the hands and limbs, shifting of the eyes
- LACK OF POISE: expressed through lack of voice control, nervousness in the presence of others, poor posture of body, poor memory
- PERSONALITY: lacking in firmness of decision, personal charm, and ability to express opinions definitely
- INFERIORITY COMPLEX: the habit of expressing self-approval by word of mouth and by actions, as a means of covering up a feeling of inferiority. Boasting of imaginary achievements. This sometimes gives a surface appearance of a feeling of superiority
- EXTRAVAGANCE: The habit of trying to “keep up with the Joneses,” spending beyond one’s income
- LACK OF INITIATIVE: failure to embrace opportunities for self-advancement, fear to express opinions, lack of confidence in one’s own ideas, giving evasive answers to questions asked by superiors, hesitancy of manner and speech, deceit in both words and deeds
- LACK OF AMBITION: mental and physical laziness, lack of self-assertion, slowness in reaching decisions, easily influenced by others, the habit of criticizing others behind their backs and flattering them to their faces, the habit of accepting defeat without protest
HairstonHustle.blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Purchase your copy of Think and Grow Rich here: https://amzn.to/2VBr77B